PCOS Diet Plan : Indian Patients
Dt.JYOTI KUSHWAHA _dynamic_nutrition
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, PCOS is a common medical condition that causes hormonal complaint common among women of reproductive age. It affects the normal functioning of the ovaries, leading to the product of an abnormally high quantum of androgen – the manly hormone. Now, in a regular menstrual cycle, ovaries release a mature egg into the uterine filling, and if the egg isn't fertilized, you get your ages. But what PCOS does is, it causes enlarged ovaries filled with fluid- filled sacs (or follicles) containing an immature egg that doesn't mature enough to be released, leading to no ovulation, thereby intruding up the regular menstrual cycle.
Even though PCOS can be a serious issue, it's fully manageable and the treatment for PCOS involves making drastic life changes.
· Cutting out redundant sugar and junk food from the diet and replacing it with healthy, nutritional food that's low in carbohydrates can lead to substantial weight loss.
· This helps in regulating the menstrual cycle and easing the PCOS reasons and symptoms.
· Completing a healthy diet with at least 30 twinkles of moderate to high- intensity drill has shown to help with PCOS immensely.
· Along with regulating the menstrual cycle, these life changes also lower the threat of developing diabetes. In the long run, it also helps in precluding other life diseases similar as high cholesterol, hypertension, and cardiovascular conditions.
Diet chart for PCOS
Vegetable Oats Upma 1 cup+ 1/2 cup low fat milk./ Methi Paratha + green chutney
Plain Yoghurt with raw vegetables / grilled vegetables -1 cup
1/2 cup rice + 2 medium chappati+1/2 cup Kidney beans curry+ Snake guard subji 1/2 cup.
1 cup boiled channa/ Besan cheela
2 Roti/ chapatti+ 1/2 cup mix veg curry
Food Items to Limit in PCOS Problem
1. Don’t have refined carbohydrates: Foods such as white breads, pastries, muffins, and white potatoes exacerbate insulin resistance and cause inflammation which will worsen your PCOS symptoms.
2. Don’t have sugary snacks or drinks: Excess sugar is one of the main causes of insulin resistance and should be avoided at all costs. When checking food labels, look for the other names of sugar such as sucrose, dextrose, and high fructose corn syrup.
3. Don’t have inflammatory foods: These foods exacerbate PCOS symptoms. Foods such as French fries, margarine, red meat, and other processed meats belong to this group and should be avoided as much as possible.
PCOS Diet Plan Do's andDon’ts
· Make sure that proper weight ismaintained.However, reduce it by doing exercises regularly and having a healthy balanced diet, If you're fat.
· Practice Yoga Asana and Pranayama regularly.
· Have good sleep.
· Maintain a record of your menstrual cycle.
· Don't smoke
· Don't consume alcohol.
· Don't skip meals or sleep. A disciplined life is crucial to better health and freedom from PCOS.
How Pcos is cured ?
Food Particulars You Can Fluently Consume in PCOS
· Do have more of high- fibre foods. They decelerate down the digestive process and reduce unforeseen increases in blood sugar situations which helps in combatting insulin resistance. Broccoli, cauliflower, red and green peppers, almonds, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin are great exemplifications of high- fibre foods.
· Do have more of spare proteins although they don't have important fibre, spare-protein foods similar as chicken, fish, and egg whites keep you feeling full longer and help stabilize your blood sugar.
· Do have moreanti-inflammatory foods Inflammation is part of the beginning medium of PCOS and foods withanti-inflammatory parcels which include tomatoes, spinach, strawberries, walnuts, almonds, turmeric, and adipose fish similar as sardines and salmon help to reduce the symptoms of PCOS.
Pcos Side Effects
(Consumption Of Birth Control Pills)
The majority of PCOD patients use birth control tablets or oral contraceptives. Oral contraceptives also have a slew of negative side effects that should make anyone reconsider using them. Oral contraceptives, according to the majority of PCOD-help forums, make things worse for women. Obesity, depression, and insulin resistance are all very frequent.
One of the first negative effects of birth control tablets is nausea. It's possible that you'll feel sick for another three months, after which it will go away. This can be exacerbated by taking birth control pills on an empty stomach. The medication should be taken after a meal, according to most experts.
Many women who take the pill get depressed. Oral contraceptive tablets raise oestrogen levels in the body. Estrogen is a hormone that promotes cell development. While this aids cell proliferation in the uterus, it also has an unexpected consequence. It also causes a thickening of a region of the brain that controls the "reward response." This is a critical response link.
Within a month of taking Birth Control Pills, headaches are common. Once the body has used to the tablet, they should go away in a few weeks. The amount of hormones in the pills determines the severity of headaches.
It's possible that birth control tablets will cause you to miss a period. This is more likely if you're sick, anxious, or have thyroid problems when you start taking the medication.
Discharges that are abnormal:
While some women have a lot of wet discharge, others may have a lot of dry discharge. The nature of the lubricant may also differ from what you're used to. Contact your doctor if your discharge is unusual or has a foul odour.
Again, blame fluid retention for bloating. Women who already have stomach problems may be particularly affected. Birth control drugs have an impact on your gut microbes as well. You will feel bloated if the number of gas-producing bacteria increases.
Birth control pills often assist to clear up skin by balancing out extra male hormones that can cause acne. At the same time, they aggravate acne in certain women. They can also cause skin imperfections and dark pigmentation, particularly on the face.
Skin irritation, redness & swelling:
Women who use contraceptive patches experience skin irritation, redness, and swelling. You might be allergic to the patch's contents.
PCOS treatment is tailored to your specific needs, such as infertility, hirsutism, acne, or obesity. Lifestyle changes or medication may be used as part of a specific treatment plan.
A low-calorie diet mixed with modest exercise activities may be recommended by your doctor. Even a small weight loss — say, 5% of your body weight — can help improve your health. Losing weight can help with infertility and may improve the effectiveness of PCOS drugs prescribed by your doctor.
Your doctor may suggest the following to help you control your menstrual cycle:
Birth control pillsinclude a combination of hormones.
Estrogen and progestin-containing pills reduce androgen production while also regulating oestrogen. Hormone regulation can reduce your chance of endometrial cancer, as well as abnormal bleeding, excessive hair growth, and acne. You could use a skin patch or vaginal ring that includes a combination of oestrogen and progestin instead of pills.
It is a type of hormone replacement therapy. Progestin can help regulate your periods and prevent you from endometrial cancer if you take it for 10 to 14 days every one to two months. Progesterone medication does not lower androgen levels or prevent pregnancy. The progestin-only or progestin-coated minipill.
Sonam Kapoor on instagram revealed that, "She had been suffering from PCOS for several years, since she was like 14 or 15 years old. It has been the bane of her existence."
_dynamic_nutrition by Dt.JYOTI KUSHWAHA aims at providing daily hacks and facts about the nutrition and human body. They will help you build healthy habits by making customised Meal Plans & Food Recipes for your specific body requirement.
Share This Post
Foodogma likes to share knowledge for a better community. Please feel free to repost articles as long as you always link back to the original and credit the author.